Monday, 12 February 2018

The Government has halted the proposal for an inquiry into the irregularities of Rangsharda Pratishthan

RTI activist Anil Galgali has received information from that MHADA has halted the inquiry for the government proposes to investigate the irregularities of Rang Sharda Pratishthan for its illegal use of hotels and other commercial activities on the plot given by MHADA to build theater which was allotted by Mhada to Rang Sharda Pratishthan for the construction of Drama Theatre for Marathi Musical Play .  Specifically, 13 years ago, Bombay High Court quashed the order about the cancellation of lease deed by MHADA, and further gave directives that to investigate the irregularities done by the Rang Sharda Pratishthan by appointing  the officers equivalent of the Vice President or Chief Executive Officer of MHADA, however MHADA officers are purposefully  ignoring the said directives given by the Bombay High Court. It is pertinently to note that the said plot has never been used for theatre for the Marathi Drama however it is being used for three star Hotel and Restaurant and other commercial activities.   

RTI activist Anil Galgali had asked the MHADA administration to inquire and  investigate of irregularities by  Rangsharda Pratishthan. Upon documents revealed by MHADA to Anil Galgali it was very shocking information that MHADA Mumbai Board has allotted plot on lease for the 90 years to be renewed every 30 years to Rang Sharda Pratishthan and further signed lease deed on 6.07.1981. MHADA issued show-cause notices for the irregularities done by the Rangsharda Pratishthan without taking any permission from the MHADA, but Rang Sharda Pratishthan and Builder Prabhudas Lotia did not fulfill the documents sought by MHADA and tried to find out loopholes on the Lease deed of MHADA.  On October 29, 2014 Chief Officer Mumbai Board MHADA, in the hearing blamed Rang Sharda Pratishthan for the said Plot is exploited for the commercial activity as against social use for which land is allotted at concessional rate.

Instead of constructing at least 50% area of land plot for the construction of a drama theater  only 26% area was  constructed for drama theater and remaining 74% area is used for commercial purposes, hence Mhada Order to pay Rs. 54,01,704 /- for commercial area utilization of 2120 Sq. Mtr. Similarly, as per the prevailing policy for non-objection certificate, due to non-submission of documents Rs. 1,62,32,790 / total amount of Rs. 2,16,34,494 / - asked to pay to MHADA.  In the hearing on 24 January 2005, against the said Order in front of the Vice President of MHADA, the Order was taken to take possession of the land and cancelled the Lease Deed of Rang Sharda Pratishthan. Against the MHADA order writ petition was filed by Rang Sharda Pratishthan in the Bombay High Court, which was duly canceled by the Justice Chandrachud on May 4, 2005 and  has clearly given the direction in his order that that to assign the proceeding to an officer of a rank equivalent to the Vice President or Chief Executive Officer rank for the fresh determination of the case the present case and proceedings. However on this order Government of Maharashtra has not declared any official role for the past 13 years. 

Chief Executive Officer of Mumbai Board has informed Anil Galgali that on 30 March 2016 and 30th December 2017, that MHADA has further informed to the Government for the appointment to the inquiry officer. Anil Galgali has also asked Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis to take action against the officials who did not take action as per  the High Court order for the last 13 years. As well as demand for stop misuse of commercialization at the earliest and government should take  possession of the of the land immediately by cancelling the Hotel License. Anil Galgali further said that if the government takes possession of the plot and build a grand theater for the Marathi language then in that case there will be a great opportunity for the drama lovers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment